Thursday, August 11, 2011

you win some, you lose some

Today I've definitely lost the battle of patience.

Multiple times.


Miss Rae, bless her little chubby self, slept in until 6:30am. I woke up, fed her, and decided to get about my day. Now lately, I have been going back to bed and sleeping until about 7:30 or so. Today was the day I was going to start running. Yeah, running a half marathon in October and I've ran a total of 3 miles since last September.

Count that 1. 2. 3.

Did you know a half marathon is 13.1 miles? Yeah, I'm in trouble.

Anyway, back to my battle.

Isaiah wandered out of his room as soon as I hit the power button on the coffee pot. Without a word, he grabbed a snack, grabbed his water, and popped in Thomas the Train (he is used to entertaining himself until I drag my booty out of bed). That is when I thought, "Wow, this is going to be a good day".

Boy was I WRONG.

Frustrating. Repetitive. Whining. Crying. Fighting. Throwing. Time Outs. LOUD.

I'm ranting, I realize this. I was just feeling so accomplished that I was up and attacking life so early (for me). Little did I know what my day held for me, otherwise I would have stayed in bed.

Well, the home is quiet for the moment. All three were just put down for naps. I should hit the treadmill while I can, but I think I may just sit, pout, and pray for a better attitude first. It's going to be a loooonnngggg prayer full of begging, forgiveness, and maybe even a little tear.

Here's to a better last half of the day.

No comments: