Tuesday, August 9, 2011

don't count

I'm a math nerd. I like numbers. I like working budgets. I think percentages of things are fun. I like to count things - anything, I don't care, I just count. Yup, I'm a nerd.
Now that we have that cleared up...

I have discovered something about my counting lately. I count how many loads of laundry I did in the day. I count how many times I've unloaded the dishwasher in the week. I count how many times I had to put the toilet seat down. I count how many times I had to pick up that darn snack cup that it supposed to be on the table and not in the middle of the floor....and on and on I count.

My counting has lead to a very bad attitude. I am tired lately, so my counting and bad attitude has grown. I'm becoming resentful of my responsibilities, resentful of the lack of help, and resentful of my lack of time.

Welp, today that will change. I will no longer count. If I find myself counting, I am going to stop whatever I'm doing and pray for strength to do my day to day activities. No one deserves my attitude. Everyone needs my love and joy while I work.

So, there you have it. I'm trying to undue one of my worst habits - no more counting.


1 comment:

Jeni said...

I am seriously jealous over your math skills. You have a gift that I definately did not get! Your post kinda makes me want to start counting how many times each day I do things for my family...haha.