Wednesday, July 13, 2011

typical

A typical day in my life:

5:30 am - Raelynn's wake up call. I get up, change her, feed her, burp her.
6:00am - Decide I want to cuddle with Bryan before I start the day
somewhere between 6:15 and 6:20 - I fall asleep - oopsie
7:45 - wake up to Isaiah crying and the sound of hitting - Elias was hitting Isaiah. great start.
7:46 - discipline both boys
7:50 - put away folded laundry that was sitting on the couch
8:00 - Make coffee & take medicine
8:05 - Poor myself a cup of coffee
8:10 - check my email, send out a few emails for work
8:40- check to see if Erik has blogged - I'm a stalker. He & his family are in Ethiopia awaiting bringing their babies home.
8:45 - make a to-do list for the day - one for work, one for home
8:50- start making eggs for breakfast and get bananas on plates
9:00 - Raelynn wakes up, so I go get her & change her diaper...forget I was cooking eggs
9:05 - Remember eggs! Too done, but still edible and serve up breakfast. Scarf it down so I can feed Raelynn
9:15- feed & burp Raelynn...meanwhile disciplining the boys for being mean to each other - grr
9:30- call Mom back
9:45- Elias throws his toys against a wall because he "wants them to fly". I told him "don't do it again", he says "why", I say, "why do you think", he says "we don't throw things". oh brother.
10:00- decide to send Bryan a birthday list even though my birthday isn't until September
10:15-11:30- strip beds, change sheets, wash bedding, smile while the boys play nice, put dry, clean diapers away. drink sips of coffee as I do my chores
11:30- change, feed, burp Raelynn. She goes down for a nap
12:00 -  start lunch for boys. Elias takes a spill down the garage steps bare naked...not sure why he was naked, but he got a pretty nice gash on his leg. I cleaned him up and finished making lunch
12:20- call Mom to ask if Elias needs a tetanus shot because of his gash - tetanus scares me, and he hasn't had shots. she assures me he is fine.
12:30- stalk Erik again, and find out he got his babies! might have cried.
12:35- switch laundry loads, fold forgotten towels in dryer, put towels away, gag at messy linen closet, refold and organize linen closet
1:00- put boys down for a nap & time to make myself lunch
1:10- lunch ready, Raelynn wakes up screaming - needs some mylicon and tummy exercises
1:15- happier Raelynn, time to eat lunch
1:17- hiccuping, furious Raelynn, so I feed her again 
1:25- sleeping Raelynn, time for nap & time for cold lunch
1:35- awake, screaming Raelynn, so we walk and cuddle
2:00- remembered to fill out application for pre-school and get it in the mail
2:15- finally get started working. audit is underway.
4:00- Boys wake up, time to put work away...have you noticed I still haven't gotten a shower. gross.
4:05- pop and flash. um, my computer cord just burnt up. weird. glad the computer was unhooked and off - guess I need a new one since it's the computer that has all my audit files on it. drat.
4:10- shower, throw my hair up & put on a bit of makeup
4:30- wake Raelynn and feed her so we can get errands done
5:00-8:30- dinner at Taco Del Mar, Best Buy stop, Starbucks stop, Radio Shack stop, then Winco (man do I hate Winco, but I LOVE saving money)
8:30- put groceries away, kids to bed, feed & burp Raelynn, put Raelynn to bed
9:00-11:30- work
11:30- finish up blog and GO TO BED

In between all these "tasks" of mine I said "get out of Raelynn's face", "you're too close to Raelynn's head", "give Raelynn some space", "please stop yelling & use an inside voice", "would you like to sit in time out or are you going to choose to obey?", "why are you crying?", and oh so many other REPEATED phrases about 100 times...maybe even more than 100 times.

How boring was that list to read? Let me tell you, it was not a boring day. Far from boring. I only sat to work and type this random blog.

And I thought being a stay at home mama would be a piece of cake! Oh silly me.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your repeated phrases paragraph at the end could have been on my blog. I say all of those things SO many times a day.